Friday, June 8, 2012

East, Not West.

Everything is signed, so I can now officially tell you all my big secret:  I'm moving to Philadelphia!







(crickets)









Kind of anti-climactic, isn't it? 

I mean, I'm excited, but you all could probably care less, which I understand.  You can stop reading now and you won't hurt my feelings.

In a nutshell the story is this:  do you remember those giant nachos

I know what you're thinking:  how in the world is this chick gonna connect the dots between enormous servings of chips and moving across the USA?  Stick with me.

Immediately after breaking the world record, The Hubby was contacted by a company in Philadelphia to apply for a very sought-after position at a very large stadium where a very popular sports team plays (vague enough for ya?).  Now, I don't have any proof that the 80-foot nachos were the direct cause of this offer, but it seems likely.  After weeks and weeks of phone interviews, two plane trips for in-person interviews, and some negotiations, he got it!

Did I mention that we're moving in three weeks?  And that we have no idea what we're going to do with our  house?  That part is kind of stressful.  Luckily, the company will be paying people to come in, pack us up, and move all of our things, so that makes everything much simpler.  In fact, I may be more excited at the prospect of not having to pack than I am at the prospect of the move itself.  Dream.  Come.  True.

We've been throwing around the idea of moving back to Southern California for a while, and that's still a possibility in the future, but I'm really excited to try out the Northeast!  I've always wanted to live up there, and Philadelphia is turning out to be an ideal location.  Did you know that there's a $5 bus that you can take from Philadelphia to NYC?  It even has wi-fi!  Crazy!  I'm also a big American history buff, so the museums and historical sites mean that we'll always have something to do.

One other thing I'm stoked about?  Schools.  The Kid starts kindergarten this fall, and I was really beginning to stress out, because our neighborhood school is...kind of awful.  It's a 2 out of 10 on Great Schools.  That's bad.  The neighborhoods I'm looking at now?  9s and 10s on Great Schools.  AWESOME.

So, yeah, I'm excited!  Woohoo!  Let's celebrate with some classic Elton John, shall we?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...