Saturday, March 31, 2012

LA and Barack

I keep telling myself that I need to blog, but then I never sit down to do it, because it's so overwhelming now that I've let it go for so long.

It's like when you avoid mowing the grass, but then it just keeps growing and growing and growing, and then you're left with a lawn that's so tall you can't get the mower through it without gumming up the blades and you need a scythe to get through the thing.

Yeah, it's like that.

In my own defense, though, I sat down to blog yesterday and I couldn't get into my blogger dashboard all day long.  Apparently this problem was exclusive to me?  Google hates me, I think.

So, what's up?

I went to LA last week, and it was fabulous.  I know what you're thinking, "but, TERI!  You HATE L.A.!".  That is technically true.  I do hate L.A.  Or, at least, I thought that I hated it.  However, upon return after a 10.5 year absence, I realized that the things I hated most about the city before don't bother me now.  Being in a city with a bunch of good-looking people is way easier when you aren't comparing yourself to all of them.  When I moved away, I felt fat and ugly all the time, but I didn't feel fat and ugly even once while I was there this time, even though I weigh 5-8 pounds more than I did back then.  Weird, huh?  Will I move back?  Not sure yet.  I don't think I'd want to raise The Kid there, but maybe outside of the city.  I do know that now the prospect doesn't make me want to vomit, and that's a good thing.


More fun LA feet pictures on my Tumblr


One great thing about my trip was that I got to meet up with several old friends and some of you lovely internet friends.  Ironically, it seems that I have more friends in So Cal than I have here.  In fact, I was SO busy that I didn't get to meet up with everyone I wanted to. I've never felt so popular!  Thank you to everyone who took the time to see me.  :)

I would discuss my trip in more detail and with photos, but that would be boring, especially since most of the pictures I took were of my feet.  Here's what I did: drove, ate, met with people, drove, got stuck in traffic, walked around my old neighborhoods, ate, drove, went to Universal Studios, got stuck in traffic, ate, spent time with old friends, ate, drove, got lost, walked, ate, drove, saw a movie, shopped, ate, drove, got stuck in traffic.  That about sums it up.  Oh, and I gained about five pounds.

I got this email from the President just now, and it struck me as hilarious:

What up, Barack?  Wanna hang out?
Do you think he actually sat down and wrote that, or did an aide have the balls to sign an email from the President with "Barack"?  One has to wonder...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...