Friday, February 10, 2012

How to View your Stats

Since I've been doing Search Term Thursdays, I've had a few people ask me how I gather this information.  Being a nice person and all, I thought I'd make a little tutorial for those people.  If you don't know how to view your stats, observe:



NOTE:  This is for people who use blogger in draft as their dashboard.  I'm sorry, but I don't know how to get mine back to the old settings, or I'd illustrate that as well.


1.  From your Blogger dashboard, click on the graph/number of pageviews (circled in yellow) to bring you directly to the stats page.  Alternatively, you can click on the drop down menu (circled in blue) and click on "stats" from there.

 2.  If you only have one blog, or if you clicked on your blog's name, your dashboard may look like this:


In that case, just click on the "stats" link.


3.  Once on the Stats page, to view your search terms, click on "traffic sources".


4.  Enjoy (or be horrified)!


Now, this is the simplest way to view your statistics, and it works well if you don't want or need a lot of detailed information.  If you DO want a lot of detailed information, I'd suggest installing Google Analytics on your site.  It's a little complicated, but you can do a lot more with it.

Happy viewing!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...