Sunday, February 19, 2012

Art in my heart

My friend Brandi posted about painting recently and it got me to thinking about how much I miss it. 


I'm not a great artist, but who's to say what makes a piece of art great, anyway?  There are few things in this world more subjective than art, be it in the form of a painting, a sculpture, a film, or a song.  If you're not creating art because you're afraid of failing, then you're not creating it for all the wrong reasons.  There is no failing in art; the only failure would be if you failed to create anything at all.


Today, I had the chance to paint.  I love to paint.  I don't do it often, maybe because supplies are so expensive, but those were supplied today by Unity Temple (my church), and so I took full advantage of their generosity and got to work.


I would advise against painting in church clothes, if at all possible.

I think I'll call it "Ant Shelter".
I started with my favorite shade of green and built from there.  I think it looks a bit like what an ant might see on a daily basis.  After I pick it up next Sunday, it's going on my living room wall, over my couch.  Or maybe in my bedroom.  I haven't quite decided yet.



The Kid and The Hubby made a little art of their own, and even my mom, who was visiting from out of town, got in on the action:

(L) Thunderstorm, by The Kid , (R) Eye by The Hubby

The Hubby cut it out, The Kid painted it.

Mom's work.  I like it!

Writing is great, but it's wonderful to use my hands for something other than typing every once in a while.  I almost forgot what it was like, but now I've got paint on the brain and art in my heart.  Stay tuned.  :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...