Saturday, January 28, 2012

Yoga Pervs and Other Lessons Learned

So, remember that video I posted of me showing off my double jointed arms?  No?  It was just two days ago!  Man, you have a horrible memory.


Anyway, it's been a pretty interesting couple of days.  I've learned some things.  Allow me to share.


Things I learned from uploading a video of myself being bendy to YouTube:


1.  There are a lot of people who care about hypermobility (double jointed-ness).  I started getting messages from strangers almost immediately about what it means to have this condition.  People must set Google alerts on the subject.


2.  Hypermobility Syndrome is kind of a big deal.  It's not just cool [creepy] to look at, it also carries some risks, from early-onset arthritis to spontaneous organ rupture, depending on which type you have.  (fingers crossed for the non-eyeball exploding type).



3.  My TMJ is probably related to my hypermobility.  Why did I never make this connection??  A lot of good knowing does me, but still.  It makes a lot of sense.


 
4.  My knees hyperextend just like my arms.  I don't know how I've gone my whole life without realizing this.  I always knew I looked gawky, but now I have a reason for it.


5.  Gravity is taking its toll on my triceps.  Or maybe I just need to work out.  One or the other.


6.  There is a whole network of yoga perverts on YouTube No, Yoga38487, I will NOT make a private video of myself doing the bound lotus pose and send it to you.

But I will take photos of it and show them to all of you!

7.  I can do some pretty difficult yoga poses.  Especially considering that I don't have any practice.  Can yoga tone biceps?  I think I've just found an exercise that I'm willing to do!  Hooray!



8.  I have a hard time saying no to or ignoring people.  Yeah, I know that many of the people making these odd video requests probably have a bendy-people fetish, but what's the harm in showing off my creepy finger joints for them?  I'm going to make one more video (by request), featuring my fingers, and then I'll be done with it.



Who knew that uploading a video to YouTube could provide me with so much new information!

Since I'm only two days out and 195 views down, I'm sure that I'll learn plenty more before everything is said and done.  I hope one of those lessons is not "turn off the comments section on videos to avoid disgusting perverts", but we shall see.  *freakish fingers crossed*





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...