Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Staycation Rundown


My staycation didn't turn out quite the way I'd planned, but there were some highlights.  They were:


1.  Making a video of my weird arms and getting lots of messages about it from strangers.

2.  Meeting up with  Brandi for a drink and a photo, as requested by Eric.

I knew I was pale, but next to Brandi, I look positively blue!

3.  Shopping alone.  I only got a couple of clearance tank tops and some makeup that I was out of, but it was so much easier without having to bribe a child with cookies the whole time.

4.  Watching Last Night on Netflix a few times.  I really like this movie.  Kiera Knightly is so pretty, the story and acting are very realistic, and it's got an excellent score.  One of my new favorites.

5.  Sleeping in. 

6.  Meeting a friend who I rarely see for sushi and catching up.  I got there early to have a happy hour drink at the bar and met a nice man named Tomas.  He shared a couple of pieces of sushi and a bit of sake with me, I shared my blog with him.  If you're reading this, hello Tomas!


I began a new screenplay, but I didn't get very far into it.  I guess some would consider that a big waste of free time, but it was nice to relax too.  It's hard for me to write when I'm forcing myself, and it just wasn't happening.  I have the same problem when I go shopping:  if I have a wad of cash to spend, I can shop all day and not find so much as a t-shirt, but if I'm dirt-poor I see about a million things I can't live without.  Frustrating phenomenon.

The Hubby wasn't feeling well the whole time he was in Denver, so he decided to come home a day early with his father in tow.  Funny thing is, now that they're all back I finally feel inspired to write! They were so kind as to leave me alone today, so I've been doing just that.

I just finished writing the script for a short based on my "We're Not Psychos We're Just Women" post.  I've never written a short before, but since I've been filming more videos lately, I thought it might be fun to make something with a story to it and edit it together.  I'm not sure if I'll get real actors or if I'll just make The Hubby shoot it with me, but I'd like to get it done in the next month or so, before I lose my enthusiasm for the idea.  I'll put it up here as soon as it's done, so you'll all get to see the world premier.

Off do do more re-writing/writing before everyone comes back.  I'll take productivity wherever I can get it--even if it only seems to happen in the stolen moments.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...