Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm nervous...or excited.

So, I think I'm really excited.

Or nervous.

Or excited.

Later this week, The Hubby and The Kid are packing up the puppy and heading to Denver.  Without me.  They're going to visit family, and I've opted out.

I was going to go, but then The Hubby suggested I may want to take the opportunity to stay home by myself and get some writing done while he and The Kid make it a boys' trip...except for the dog.  She's a girl.

I thought about it; I pondered the question for days.  There are so many factors to take into consideration!  First of all, I RARELY get time to myself--and I never get this amount of time alone.  This is five days.  FIVE DAYS, people!

What a fabulous place for a staycation!  Am I right?
For those of you who don't have kids yet, you can't understand the gravity of this situation.  Five days is like a year in mom years.  Two in stay at home mom years.  I've never been away from The Kid for that long.  Last time The Hubby was out of town and I sent The Kid on an overnight trip so that I was by myself, I nearly cried myself to sleep.  It's hard going.

Don't get me wrong, I love being alone.  I'm kind of a loner.  In fact, one of the main reasons I decided to go for it and take this solo staycation is that the possibility of being completely and utterly alone was too appealing to pass up.  I can write without being interrupted every five minutes?  I don't have to schedule my outings around the meal/nap/bedtimes of a four-year old?  I can leave the house and take a walk whenever I want?  I'll have complete control over the remote?  I could even go and--gasp!--see a movie with no talking animals in it in the middle of the day, without having to arrange for and pay a babysitter?  What?  What?  WHAT??

These things are stupid-appealing to someone like me, who can barely remember what this stuff is like.

Then again...

I rarely see this part of the family.  They are really fun and I love them.

I love the mountains, and I'll miss hiking.

I'll miss out on all the delicious food and fun outings.

What if I get lonely?

What if The Kid misses me?

What if The Kid doesn't miss me?



Then I remember:  I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT FOR FIVE WHOLE DAYS.

Yeah, I'm staying home...or maybe I'll leave the house sometimes too.  Who knows?  Whatever I do, I'll be doing it alone, and that is freakin' exciting.


Or nerve-wracking.

Or exciting.

Stay tuned.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...