These are all things I've wanted to blog about lately, but I can't seem to make them into one cohesive post:
1. I keep getting deferred as a blood donor due to low iron. This is very annoying, because I'm taking vitamins now and everything. I'm gonna try again in a couple days when The Kid and The Hubby are out of town, and I'm going to eat a burger a few hours before. If that doesn't work, I'm just going to assume that I need my blood more than sick people at this point in time.
2. Every time I go to give blood and they ask me to pull up my sleeves and look at my arms, I'm afraid they're going to see something that makes them think I'm a heroin user. I am not a heroin user. There is absolutely no good reason for this irrational fear. A similar thing happens when a policeman pulls up behind me--I always think he's going to pull me over, even though I'm not breaking any laws.
|See? No track marks.|
4. Staycation starts tomorrow. Maybe that's why I'm so anxious?
5. The snail mail has been rolling in. So far, I've gotten three packages from three wonderful bloggers: Karen, Confuzzled, and Jessica. For some reason, Jessica's blog has disappeared, but I'm hoping it's a minor glitch like the one I encountered. Jessica, if you're reading this, link your blog below!
|A Hodgepodge of lovely snail mail gifts.|
7. I have an enormous pile of laundry to finish so that I can pack The Kid's things for his trip. I should be doing that rather than this.
8. I'm spending too much time on the internet. People are starting to think I'm weird because of it. This upsets me. Maybe I am becoming weird? I don't know. What I DO know is that if I didn't have the internet to socialize on while I stay at home all day with my child, I'd go insane. It's important. I should probably take a break at some point, though. It's always been refreshing when I've done it in the past.
9. Maybe I shouldn't be asking people to think I'm not weird in the same post where I put up photos of my elbows pointing in the wrong directions.
10. My 1/2 a Xanax has finally kicked in. I think I have enough patience to start packing now, but I'd rather take a nap. If I drink a coffee or tea, will it counteract the effects of the Xanax? That would be a waste, but I'm so tired, and a hot beverage DOES sound delicious. To heck with it. Off to boil some water.