Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Top 10 Things I learned in 2011

Lists are fun.

Last year, I spent the last few days of the year making top 10 lists.  I quite enjoyed it.  Let's do it again!

THE TOP 10 THINGS I LEARNED IN 2011

1.  Comparing yourself to other people is pointless.  I have had a healthier self-image this year than at any other point in my life, and I credit my New Year's resolution for this.  I've had a few setbacks, but for the most part, it's stuck.  How many people can say that about their New Year's resolution?

2.  In related news, I figured out that I am not as pretty as I thought I was.  But I'm okay with that.  I think it's mostly photo-related anyway.

3.  Fisher-Price is not open to suggestions about adding female action figures to their Imaginext line of toys...but you can make one pretty easily out of sculpt-and-bake clay.

4.  Even though it seems like a pretty pointless appendage, breaking your pinkie toe sucks.  (Can you believe that it STILL hurts???)

5.  Blogging anonymously makes you paranoid.  Blogging as yourself makes you freeeeeee!

6.  Getting recognized by Blogger as a Blog of Note is freakin' awesome, but when they do it right after you do a video post about soup, they use that picture to link you.  Then everyone thinks you're a cooking blog.  :-/

7.  Blog-a-thons are fun, even if you have to break the rules to make the deadline.  Same goes for blog awards.  It's your blog, do what you want!

8.  You have to be really careful what you tweet, otherwise the bots will find you and destroy your self-esteem.

9.  If you buy something on Amazon and pay for 2-day shipping, you are guaranteed to get it in...four days.

10.  People find my blog in super-weird and offensive ways, but many of them are just looking to attract their very own nerd.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...