Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ho-ho-ho my goodness!

Whoever sent me the 70th Anniversary edition of The Wizard of Oz on blu-ray off of my Amazon wishlist, THANK YOU SO MUCH!  There was no receipt, so I have no idea who sent it*, but I can't tell you how much the gift brightened up my day.  :)


We're watching it right now, but I can't wait until The Kid takes a nap so that I can listen to the historian's commentary!  Can you all tell what a Wizard of Oz freak I am?  I don't care!  I love it!  :) 

I don't know what it is about The Wizard of Oz, but it's been a favorite ever since I was a little kid.  In fact, when I was ten, I got the 50th Anniversary double VHS edition of the movie for Christmas.  Isn't that funny?  I wonder if I'll get the 100th anniversary edition for Christmas in another 30 years! (the answer is absolutely yes, yes I will)

Speaking of movies, our television has been running overtime lately, trying to get all the Christmas movies viewed before it's too late.  The best thing about holiday films is that even if they're really bad, they're still pretty good.  For instance, we watch Jingle All the Way a lot this time of year because it's one of The Kid's favorites.  Technically, it's kind of an awful movie, but it's fun and the setting helps you get into the Christmas spirit.

Here's my list of Christmas movies that I have to watch every year:

It's A Wonderful Life
A Christmas Story
Home Alone
Jingle All The Way
The Family Man
Elf
Miracle on 34th Street (the one with Natalie Wood)

The Grinch
Just Friends
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Love Actually
Christmas With The Kranks
Deck the Halls
The Holiday
The Santa Clause
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Frosty the Snowman
Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Don't judge.  If I'm having a hard time getting into the spirit of the season, I'll pop in one of these movies and it will start coming to me. 

What about you guys?  What do you like to watch this time of year? 




*If my benefactor would like to come forward and claim responsibility, I will gladly make him or her a scarf.  Scarves are my new currency.  :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...