Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Highlights.

Did everyone have a Merry Christmas?

"Merry" seems like such a British term to me.  I find it strange that we, in the U.S., say "merry Christmas", but I often hear "happy Christmas" from the Brits.  Shouldn't it be the other way around?  Weird.

My Christmas was lovely, thanks for asking.  Last night, before we went to bed, I told The Kid that he wasn't allowed to come into our room or get out of bed at all before it was light out, or Santa may not come.  We woke up this morning to a loud "Oh come ON!" coming from his room at 7 AM.  It was still dark out.  My kid is a rule-follower.

The Hubby and I got out of bed and told The Kid that it was, indeed, morning and that he had waited long enough.  He got up excitedly and saw that Santa had come--then he ran and gave The Hubby and I hugs before doing anything else.  Man, I have a great kid.

The highlights of my day were receiving a set of noise-cancelling headphones for music recording and this shirt from The Hubby:  

Did I mention that I'm a Wizard of Oz FREAK?
Also, I got to take TWO naps.  TWO.  It was like a Christmas miracle!

Now, I am drinking gin and typing to you lovely people.  What were your Christmas day highlights?  Did you get any cool gifts?  Did anyone fight?  Did you eat anything particularly interesting?  Do share!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...