Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's all about the movies

I have big plans for the next three days. 


The Hubby and I used to go see pretty much every single movie in the theater.  Since The Kid was born, the number of movies I see in the theater has dwindled down to one or two a month, if I'm lucky.  It's getting to me.  Sure, I can watch movies on Netflix, cable, or rent them from Redbox, but it's just not the same.


From now to Monday, I'm going on a movie binge.  Family is still in town for Thanksgiving, and they will aid in me carrying out my master plan.  Here's the blow-by-blow:



TONIGHT:  We Bought A Zoo

It's a sneak preview, an ENTIRE MONTH in advance, guys.  And it's Cameron Crowe's first movie since Elizabethtown, if you don't count Pearl Jam 20 and The Union (which I don't, because they're both documentaries, not scripted).  This is also PG, so The Kid can come with us, which is a huuuuuge bonus.



TOMORROW NIGHT:  The Descendants.

OHMYGODIT'SKILLINGMETHATIHAVEN'TSEENTHISMOVIEYET!!!!!  Alexander Payne is my favorite director.  Throw in George Clooney, and it'll be a miracle if I don't pee in my pants before the opening credits are over.



MONDAY:  The Muppets.   

Hooray for a new Muppets movie!!!  Here's a fun fact:  my first word was "mmmmmmuppets!"  Bringing back the Muppets now that all the people who grew up with them have children of their own was a genius plan.  I've heard only good things, and I'm planning on thoroughly enjoying this one....oh yeah, and The Kid is coming along too.  I guess it would be wrong for me to see it without him.



IF I CAN FIT IT IN:  Like Crazy.  

 I saw the trailer for this one before 50/50 (which I highly recommend, by the way), and I'm dying to see this.  As many of you know, The Hubby and I were long distance for 9 months when we first met, so I have a special place in my heart for movies about long-distance relationships.  If I can't see it before Monday night, I'm hoping I can sneak off some weeknight and see it by myself.




*Fingers crossed* that nobody gets sick and screws up my plans.  I'll try and post reviews of each movie after I've seen them while they're still fresh in my mind, but only if you guys are interested in that sort of thing.  Let me know in the comments.  If you don't care about movies, then please don't tell me in the comments, just move along.  Nothing to see here.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...