Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I DEFINE Versatile.


It must be awards season, because I just got two of the same blog awards in one week.  How often does that happen?  Weird!

Apparently, I'm double-y versatile!

Yes, Brooke the food photographer (how cool is her job?) over at Cupcakes & Cucumbers AND the crafty Amanda Anne at Scrap Project 365 both found my blog award-worthy.  How sweet.  Thank you, ladies!


It's been a while since I've received a blog award, and I honestly can't remember if I've gotten this one before, since I throw them in the virtual closet rather than displaying them on a sidebar mantle, but they all seem to have some variation of the same rules:


1.  Accept the award and link back

2.  Provide 7 (or 5 or 10 or whatever) interesting factoids about yourself, then

3.  Pass it on to 10 (or 15 or 5) of your favorite (or recently discovered) bloggers.


Now, since I've done this before a few times and I'm running out of things to say about myself that others may find "interesting", I'm going to bend the rules a bit.


First, if you are new to this blog and want to read facts about me, you can click here & here to find out some of my deepest, darkest secrets.  Some of them actually are pretty juicy, not gonna lie.


The last time I didn't want to follow rules, I created my own, super-awesome award and sent it out to see the world, but who has the time and energy to do that twice?  This time, I'm going to list my top ten favorite songs of all time, with videos.  Does that seem random?  Well, deal with it.  I DO WHAT I WANT!


So, without further ado, I give you:


TB's Top 10 Favorite Songs of ALL-TIME
(in no particular order)


1.  "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues" by Elton John




2.  "Don't Dream It's Over" by Crowded House

3.  "Sweet Pain" by Cree Summer



 4.  "Paper Bag" by Fiona Apple



5.  "Be Be Your Love" by Rachael Yamagata

6.  "Near You Always" by Jewel

 

7.  "Open Arms" by Journey



8.  "Cryin'" by Aerosmith



9.  "Southern Cross" by Crosby Stills and Nash



10.  "Let Go" by Frou Frou




As you can see, I'm a bit of a sap.  Also, that was way harder than I thought it would be.  I'm sure I left one out.  I don't keep a running list on my computer of my favorite songs of all-time, but maybe I should, because this was REALLY difficult.  

Now, I will award some of you with this versatile blogger award!  I'm choosing people whose blogs I've recently discovered and have really enjoyed reading.  You guys should read them too.  They're entertaining.


If I choose you and you decide not to follow the rules, feel free to jaunt on over here and nab yourself an OMB! instead.  The rules for accepting that award are way more adventurous.  



And the prestigious blog awards go to...


1.  K at Sleep is SO 2009
3.  Beth at Be. Here. Now 
4.  The Actress at Frustrated Unemployed Actress
5.  ejc at I Save Lives
7.  The guy who writes Pedal and Petal 
8.  Rambling Hutch at Sporadic Sporkitudes 



Eight's kind of a weird number, but it's late and, if you haven't figured it out by now, I DO WHAT I WANT!!  Actually, if you think about it, my approach works very well for this particular award.  It is, after all, the VERSATILE blogger award.  What's more versatile than changing the entire award?

I'm hoping all of you who I gave awards to will read this and pick them up, so if you see your name on this list, leave me a comment.  If you don't leave me a comment, I will hunt you down and force you to accept the award at squirt gun point.  It's important.

If your name is not on this list and you're sad about it, you should stop waiting around for someone to give you a blog award and create your own.  It's fun!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...