Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dance, monkey! DANCE!!!


Being "noted" is kind of a lot of pressure, guys.  I've never really known what it's like to be popular, but I'm assuming this is what those pretty girls went through in high school.  I feel like everyone is waiting for me to entertain them. All day long, I had fleeting ideas for blog posts, but none of them really stuck. 


First, I thought it would be a good idea to post about stuff that is sold to consumers as being awesome, but really sucks.  You know, like pumps for lotion (I can never get the bottom inch of product out!) or gift cards (the ones that don't pay you the difference and make you spend the exact amount or more than is on the card).  But I didn't want you all to think I was a big whiner. 


Then, I thought maybe I should write about my surgery and how I kept thinking I was dying from a pulmonary embolism during my recovery, but it turned out I was just full of gas that they pumped into my body so that they could burn my fallopian tubes through my belly button without puncturing any important organs.  Or maybe about how I'm a bit of a hypochondriac.  But medical stuff is kind of gross, so I shot that down too.


Yes, this silly child is injured.  No, really.  He is.
Most of my day was spent with The Kid at Children's Mercy Hospital, getting x-rays on a foot and leg that has been causing him to limp since yesterday.  Good blog fodder, I thought.  But then he spent most of the time giggling excitedly and singing songs for the doctors and nurses.  In the end, no fracture was visible on the film, but the limp remained, so they just sent him home with a boot to wear for a week or so and a huge collection of stickers.  Not very exciting. 



Finally, when I got home, I logged on to Facebook to see if there was anything interesting I could weigh in on.  I noticed that my news feed had pretty much come to a halt since most everyone was out drinking and partying, being that it's Saturday night and all.  I don't want to go out drinking.  Bars are way too loud and they cost too much money.  Also, being hungover sucks.  I'm not saying that I don't drink or go out sometimes, but honestly I'd rather stay home with my family or go out to a really fabulous dinner.  Another dead end.


So, yeah.  I've got nothin'.  Sorry.  For those of you who clicked on this post hoping to see a monkey, well, I don't have one of those either, but I do have a chimp!  I saw this movie trailer tonight and it almost made me cry.  If this doesn't melt your heart, then you are clearly dead inside:




Just sayin'.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...