Tuesday, September 6, 2011

More Things I Think are Super-Wonderful


Since last year's list was so well-received and I'm feeling very list-y, I bring you a new and updated list of...

THINGS I THINK ARE SUPER-WONDERFUL RIGHT NOW



1.  Cardigans.  I've been on the hunt for a long, men's-style cardigan for myself, and I found one last night at The Gap.  I may go back and buy it in every color, because it's so very convenient, fashionable, and cozy.  I love it.
















2.  Clinique Moisture Surge.  Whenever the humidity is chased off by the crisp autumn weather, my skin starts to dry out.  This is the best moisturizer I've ever used.  Moisture Surge absorbs quickly and lasts for many hours without leaving your skin the least bit greasy.  Love love love love. 










3.  Puppies.  Why, hello there, puppy!  Will you come home with me in a month when you are ready?  Yes?  Woohoo!  Yes, this is our new puppy.  It's time that The Kid had a dog who loved rather than tolerated him.  Her name is Sandy and she's a lab mix and when she comes to our house, we will be the luckiest family in the whole wide world. 








4.  Seasonal Beer.  Autumn is pretty much the only time of year I drink beer.  You know why?  Because that's when the pumpkin ales arrive!  Last night, I enjoyed this very delicious glass of Schlafly pumpkin ale, and it tasted like a pie.  I'll be buying a 6-pack very soon.










5.  The Nook.  I got this for my birthday, and I absolutely adore it.  It's nice to finish one book and go straight on to the next one without even having to leave your seat on the couch.  I just finished Jane Eyre today, which makes three books in three weeks, which is some kind of record for me.  It makes me want to read. 









6.  Chocolate chip cookie dough.  What a versatile food!  You can eat it raw OR make cookies out of it!  I'm not a big fan of pre-packaged dough, though.  I only like the real stuff I mix up in my Kitchenaid.  Usually, I'll make a full batch, bake one sheet full, and then freeze the rest, which I'll gradually eat raw or bake up a cookie at a time until it's all gone from the freezer and appeared on my thighs.  Good stuff, that cookie dough.







7.  My new red hair.  My hair is auburn now!  I know it's hard to tell from that first picture, but a week or so ago, after seeing one too many Emma Stone films, I colored my hair.  It's been about six years since I've had red hair, and I forgot how much I love it.  I think it'll be sticking around for a while. 










8.  Tumblr.  Even though I only have two followers, I'm really enjoying Tumblr.  I never thought I'd see the day.  In fact, I've been considering just scrapping this blog altogether and moving to Tumblr exclusively, but then again I don't want to lose all my archives, so I doubt I'll do it.  It's nice being able to email posts through my phone, though, and I like that it posts automatically to Twitter, which saves me a step of shameless self-promotion.  If you're a member of the Tumblr community, follow me here!




9.  Bargains.  There are some seriously good sales going on right now, guys.  I went shopping with my mom last weekend, and she bought me these Franco Sarto shoes for 80% off the clearance price.  FRANCO SARTO shoes for under $15, y'all!  I also got another pair of heels for $12 that will go with just about everything.  Hooray for bargains!







10.  Being chilly.    The weather last night was so lovely that my family and I decided to go out to eat somewhere with a patio.  I was cold, and I loved it!  Autumn is coming!  Autumn is coming!  Soon after this picture was taken, I bought the cardigan pictured in #1.  It was super-cozy.


So, that's the stuff I love right now, guys.  I'm sure I could add more, but ten is a very nice, round number, so I'll stop here.  Oh, but if you have a chance, go and see Crazy Stupid Love before it's out of theaters.  That would have made the list for sure.  Best movie I've seen since Bridesmaids...which also would have made the list, come to think of it.  OK, I'm done now.


*Nobody paid me to talk about these things, though I wouldn't be above making a few bucks.  Just putting it out there.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...