Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Year 33.

I'm now in the final hour of being 31. Should I change my blog name once a year?  That seems like a lot of work, and I'd have to change my email address, which would be very confusing.  Therefore, I think I'll just be 30 forever.  Hey, I can do whatever I want--it's my birthday.  Heck, my mom has been 22 ever since I was born on her birthday 32 years ago.  She says that she's given her birthday away every year since, so if she can do it, so can I. 



The last year has been really hard, personally.  Lots of family stuff has gone on that I prefer not to make public on a blog, but to say that it's been emotionally taxing would be a serious understatement.  This year, more than ever, I've learned to accept myself and appreciate my health in ways that I never did before.  Looking back on the past year, this is turning into a very introspective birthday for me.


I know what you're thinking--"but, Teri, you didn't even give me any notice!  I didn't get a chance to get you a gift or anything!!!"  Ah-ha!  While that is true, there is still something you could do to celebrate my most recent year on this earth.

If you want to get me a gift, I would appreciate it very much if you would donate to my cousin Christina's Light the Night Walk team. Christina's daughter, Jane, has been fighting leukemia for over a year and a half now.  She's a very strong little girl, and she's responding well to treatment, but the battle is long for her family.







A donation to their team will go straight to the Leukemia and Lymphoma society, to provide for lifesaving research and patient services. Jane's team has a long way to go before they reach their goal of $1500, and every dollar helps. To contribute, just click on the "donate to team" button on this page


Thanks to all my wonderful friends in advance, and happy birthday to ME! :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...