Thursday, August 4, 2011

Songs for you

Now that I'm no longer fettered by anonymity, I thought it would be fun to share a couple of songs I co-wrote and sang.

Both of these tunes were co-written by Paul "Pablo" Stubbs, who I met on a music collaborating website called Tonos back in the day. While Tonos didn't make it past 2003, the partnerships I made on that site still live on today.

Funny story: none of my songs were written with my co-writers in the same room as me...or even in the same State. Pablo lived in Texas while I lived in California, and then in Kansas. We've never actually met face-to-face, but we've been talking about getting together in person soon for a weekend songwriting session.

This first tune, "Every Now and Then", was written way back in 2002 or so. It's about falling in love with your best friend. My cousin and her husband actually used this song for the first dance at their wedding, which simultaneously flattered and humiliated me, since I had no idea it was coming. It's weird hearing yourself sing when you're least expecting it.

  Every Now & Then by teribrown



This one, titled "For You", is a basic love song. About love and stuff. When I wrote it, I actually had an unborn baby in mind as well as The Hubby. Versatile! This is the one that Ed Burns didn't deem good enough for his movie. Not that I blame him--it was probably too country for a New York film anyway. Whatareyagonnado?

  For You by teribrown



If you guys like these, let me know and I'll post some more soon. Thanks for listening!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...