Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Formerly Photogenic

I recently posted this on Google +:

Click if you can't read it.  Blogger apparently doesn't offer an image size in-between "too big for the screen" and "too small to read without squinting".

Mostly, people responded to this with "that's not true!" or "You're nuts!" type statements.

While I appreciate the love, I was not fishing for compliments.  I was merely making an observation. I'm not upset about the fact that I no longer shine in every photo I'm in.  I still have my wit and charm, after all. And I'm pretty smart.   

The funny thing is, the reason these people think that I'm photogenic is because I look pretty good in all the pictures they've seen of me.  Well, DUH!  I'm not going to post photos of myself where I look bad!  Who does that?  (Oh...wait...I did that before, when this realization first dawned on me.)

What I'm saying is, as the years have gone by the percentage of post-able photos has decreased dramatically--and I'm OK with that.  I don't think that I'm unattractive now as a result of being less photogenic.  In fact, the other day someone said that I was "monumentally pretty", which is just about the nicest compliment I've ever gotten.  (Seriously, it made my day.  Thank you!)

The way I see it, becoming less photogenic can only work in my favor.  Whenever someone who's only seen my pictures meets me in person, they're bound to think I'm more attractive than they thought I'd be.  I may even start posting ONLY unflattering photos of myself, just to keep people's expectations low.  Come to think of it, that would also help ward off stalkers!

See?  I told you I'm smart.





Add me on Google+ if you have it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...