Thursday, April 21, 2011

This post is Chicago...is not Chicago!

I was all ready to write a post about how I went to Chicago and it sucked for various reasons, but then I thought--hey, what did Chicago ever do to me (other than rain and blow very cold wind)?  It was still a nice little break, even if I did hobble around like an 80-year old woman most of the time (bad hip).  I got lots of cute clothes, we had a spectacular view of the SNOW from our 14th floor room, and we ate lots of good food. 
Trying to avoid the paparazzi.  I can't go anywhere these days!



Let's move on, shall we?



I really need to be cleaning my house in anticipation of a house guest who will be arriving tomorrow and staying for an undetermined amount of time, but, meh, it can wait.  House cleaning can always wait, right?  Besides, I live in about 900 square feet, so it never takes very long anyway.  I'll do it in the morning.


Anyone doing anything fun for Easter?  We usually go to my grandma's house, but for various reasons, including The Hubby's work schedule, we'll be staying here and hosting an egg hunt in our own yard this year.  I'm a little bit sad that The Kid won't get to play with all his cousins, but my sister is coming over with her kids, so he'll get to play with some of them.  The plan is to BBQ, but we'll have to see if the weather will cooperate with our plans.  Is it inhumane to make small children hunt for Easter eggs in the rain?  I mean, I'd call them in if it started to thunder and lightning.  Isn't that what rain boots are for?


Did you guys know that Fruit Stripes gum has tattoos on the wrappers?  I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on the "now longer lasting flavor!" lie they've got on the package, though.  After about ten seconds, it tastes like silly putty.  However, the tattoos are worth it.  Check out the menagerie of zebra athletes I've got going on here on my wrist:



Nothing says "thug life" like a hang-gliding zebra.

I wonder if I'll ever be capable of anything other than a random, rambling post ever again.  Maybe I should lay off the coffee.  Oh well.  If you're still with me, thanks for that.  I like to think that this type of writing panders to my ADD readers, which, let's face it, is most of us now-a-days.   Headed out to get some Thai food.  Think I'll skip on the Thai iced tea tonight--I'd like to sleep eventually.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...