Saturday, April 2, 2011

I bought a prom dress!

Did you think I wasn't serious?

Today, I strapped on the ankle weights and brought my 17-year old niece prom dress shopping.  My 11-year old niece tagged along, and the girls' day out was on like Donkey Kong. 


Have any of you gone prom dress shopping lately?  It's exhausting.  What is the deal with EVERY dress being strapless?  There was nary a strap nor halter in sight.  What's that all about?  Weird.  Also, how do these girls sit down in these dresses?  They're SO short!  I must be getting old.


Luckily, we managed to find a (not-too-short) dress at the fourth store we tried.  Shoes and bracelets were a breeze, and here's the finished look:


Could she BE any cuter?

The Hubby and I paid for her outfit since we only see her about once a year.  Yeah, we're the kind of aunt and uncle who shamelessly buy the affection of our young loved ones.  And you know what?  It's fun.


Tired but happy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...