Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Let's (effortlessly) get into shape!

I am so lazy.

So, a while back, I was having lunch with a few friends and all three of them were on diets.  As they sat around sharing iPhone calorie counting apps, I sat back eating my banana pie milkshake, thinking how silly it was that all these beautiful women were so worried about their weight.  I proudly declared, "Well, I'M not on a diet!", which began a mini-boycott of all diets, and healthy eating in general.

I think I went a little too far in the wrong direction.  It wasn't long before my pants started feeling tight and I realized that I need to get this thing in check.  Now, I'm not going on a diet (because I really don't believe in them), but I have started watching my portion sizes and making healthier eating decisions.

Since my booty has become a bit flabby, I thought maybe I'd firm it up a bit by adding an exercise regime as well.  I pulled out the EA Active on the Wii and started a new 30-day challenge.  I made it exactly two days, and I haven't been back since.  It's not that I don't want to work out--it's just that I've had a hard time finding the time and motivation to do it. 

...Ok, so maybe I actually don't want to work out.

But wait!  I came up with a magical solution:  ankle weights.  I just strap 'em on in the morning, throw on some wide-leg pants, and then go about my business.  My legs are tired, so it must be working.  Am I a genius, or what? 

Unfortunately, tomorrow will hit nearly 80 degrees, so my options are to either:

(a)  wear the weights with a skirt and look like an idiot all day
(b)  be unnecessarily hot by wearing the weights with wide-leg jeans, or
(c)  forgo my exercise regime for a day. 

Hm.  Tough decision.  Considering my laziness (and the fact that tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day), I'm leaning toward option C, as well as consuming a green beer and some corned beef. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...