Saturday, March 12, 2011

I need a break!

How am I ever supposed to be productive if I get interrupted every time I start to get somewhere?

I recently started writing a screenplay.  I'm super-excited about it, and I think that it could be really great.  I have the idea pretty well-formed in my head, the timeline written out, and a few scenes written.  The problem is that, every time I get a quiet moment to myself where I can work, I get interrupted, either by The Kid, The Hubby, or my barky-mcbarkerson dog, Vinnie. 

Will I have to wait until The Kid is in school before I can get anything done?  I love staying home with him, and I wouldn't change it for the world, but in taking the role of a stay at-home mom, I've promised that my entire life will revolve around The Kid, at least until he gets to school.  It's so difficult sometimes, allowing my own selfish hopes and dreams to go by the wayside until he's a little more self-sufficient.  How do people have three or four kids, and do this for ten + years at a time?  It's exhausting!

Aaaaand...cue The Kid, who just woke up from his nap. 

Sorry I'm so negative, I just had to get it out somewhere.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...