Thursday, February 24, 2011

No one talks trash about my trail mix!

I made myself some trail mix last night, and the hubby laughed at me.  It is delicious, so he can laugh all he wants--I DON'T CARE! 



Here's what I put in it:

Ann's House soy energy blend (a blend of soy nuts, pumpkin seeds, almonds, and dried cranberries)

Sun Maid California golden raisins

Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chocolate chips



...and a few turns of salt from the grinder.


He said, "So, you're taking a healthy snack mix and making it unhealthy?"

Well, I wouldn't say that.  I mean, YEAH, chocolate chips aren't the healthiest thing for me, but it's not like I put in a whole package...just a little handful.  And what does he have against raisins?  As for the salt, well, the soy mix didn't have any salt in it, and what good is trail mix without that sweet/salty flavor combination?  Isn't that why trail mix was invented in the first place? 

Anyway, it annoyed me that he mocked my delicious mixture, because I think it's perfect.  I used to make my own trail mix all the time, and put it in little baggies to bring with me in case I got hungry while I was out doing things.  Now that I'm trying to get back into healthier eating habits, I thought this would be a good start since it fills me up with healthy protein and satisfies my sweet tooth in one fell swoop.

Come to think of it, I'm kind of glad that The Hubby mocked my effort, because that means that I WON'T HAVE TO SHARE!  Ha!  Take THAT, Hubby!  Now, go eat your bland soy energy mix and leave me and my wonderful trail mix alone.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...