Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Brain Mush

Why am I so TIRED?

It's been difficult lately to get my head around a complete thought, much less a blog post.  Yesterday, I called The Hubby to tell him that our State tax return was deposited into our checking account, and it took me at least a full minute to get that sentence out of my mouth.  I was like that reporter at the Grammys:






Then, later that night, I noticed that my eyelid was droopy and so I immediately started my online medical research about strokes, only to find that I'm probably just getting old.  Better than the alternative, I guess.

Seriously, though, I think that the reason I've felt so crappy is that I've been eating horribly lately.  It doesn't help that the hubby ordered SEVEN boxes of girl scout cookies for our three-person family.  I have no idea what he was thinking, especially considering the fact that he's not all that into sweets (the complete opposite of me).  And then there was Valentine's Day, and the copious amounts of chocolate and other sweets that accompanied it.  For a week and a half now, I've been on a steady diet of sugar, caffeine, and sugar. 

Today was grocery shopping day, and I tried to make sure and get a good variety of healthful foods to start me on my road to feeling better.  Hopefully that means my brain will soon morph from its present mushy-state into a fully-functional organ, and this blog will reflect that change. 

 Now, I just have to get rid of the rest of those cookies...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...