Saturday, January 22, 2011

Let's give this a try...

Sorry I've been m.i.a. lately.  Due to the oppressive snow that's been falling on and around my house, I haven't been out much, therefore I haven't had anything very interesting to talk about.  Also, our Wii broke, so I had to send it back to Nintendo to get fixed.  Therefore, I have been extremely busy entertaining my kid who refuses to go outside "until it's Spring and it's my birthday and it's fireworks time".  I mean, there's only so much you can do in 800 square feet with a 3-year old and no video games. We play a lot of Candyland and Memory these days.


The Kid:  "When I go to school and I eat more bedgetables, what will I turn into?" 


Me:  "Honey, you won't turn into anything,.  You'll still be yourself."


The Kid:  "But I don't want to eat bedgetables now.  I don't want to eat bedgetables all the time."

I just had this conversation with him while he was sitting on the toilet. 

Apparently, the old "if you eat your vegetables you'll grow big and strong" coaxing won't work on him anymore.  Darn it.  He says that he doesn't want to grow because he doesn't want to go to school.  Is it possible that I'm doing a better job staying at home with him than I thought I was?  Honestly, I'm surprised that he's not bored to tears here.  One would think that he'd be begging to go to school by now, but noooooo. 

Maybe I'm making it too fun for him, but he's smart and happy, so I don't see any reason to change anything right now.  And I do sneak vegetables in all the time, so he's pretty healthy too.  He likes fruitables juice boxes and veggie straws, and he takes vitamins, so I'd say he's set on the nutrition front--even if he won't eat "bedgetables". 

Oh man, this is a boring post.  I'm so sorry.  Do you see why I haven't written anything?  My brain is so crowded with thoughts of mom stuff that the interesting stuff can't break through.

Other things have been happening, I know they have....Oh!  My best friend since the age of five (I call her Marlene on this blog) just came to visit.  That was fun!  We went out to my favorite French restaurant, Le Fou Frog, and then hung out and watched movies together.  It's so nice to have a friend you can just sit around and relax with, with no pressure to entertain one another.  That's the true test of friendship, I'd say.

The Hubby and I are trying to plan a trip for our ten-year wedding anniversary in July, but nothing's final yet, so I don't want to jinx it. 

So, yeah, if you finished reading this, I apologize that it wasn't more entertaining.  To make up for the lack of content, here's a cute picture of The Kid getting ready to go out and play in the snow (before he got bored of it):



I'll do better next time, I promise.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...