Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm Stylish? Really?

Apparently so, because I was given this:



...by TWO--count 'em, TWO--bloggers!  Thank you to Hulabuns of The Binderclips & Hulabuns Chronicles and to Rambling Hutch of Sporadic Sporkitudes for both awarding me this lovely bunch of pixels.  


I'm going to be honest here and let you guys know that I'm not really that impressed with blog awards.  I mean, sure, it's nice to have your existence acknowledged and all, but as I have mentioned before, they are all pretty much the same:  write stuff about yourself, pass it on, yada yada.  I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, I just wish that there were more awards like the OMB!, to make it interesting.  Oh well.  

Let's see if I can come up with some entertaining words in which to accept this icon:




1.  When I was a youngster of three or four, my sister and I saw an airplane land on the roof of our house.  She remembers it as well as I do, and I somehow convinced myself that it was the ghost of Amelia Earhart. 


2.  I am the middle child of three girls...originally.  My parents divorced when I was in elementary school and both re-married.  Therefore, now I also have one half-sister, two half-brothers, a stepsister and a stepbrother.  Actually, I have a niece who's older than some of her uncles (my brothers). We're a confusing-looking family when you see us all together.  


3.  I cry ALL THE TIME.  In fact, I'm crying right now because of American Idol (the dude with the fiancee with the brain damage.  *sniff*).  In an average week, I'd say I cry probably three times, but if it's the right time of the month then I'll cry every single day.  The culprits vary:  emotional news stories, television shows, movies, the right song at the right time, and the occasional emotional breakdown.  I can't help it, but I'd rather feel too much than feel nothing.


4.  I'm 5'8.5".  Just in case you wondered.


5.  I'd usually rather watch a movie I've seen several times than one I haven't seen, at least if I'm watching it at home.  The Hubby hates this, which I don't really understand, since we both buy DVDs, but I seem to be the only one who watches them more than once.  


6.  Gourmet food is my favorite indulgence.  If I was rich, I would spend an exorbitant amount of money eating out at fancy restaurants.  


7.  I played a man in the school play my junior year of high school.  It was really embarrassing, but I wanted to be part of the show so badly that I went along with it.  The next year, I got the lead--which was a female part.  Playing Mr. Gibbs was totally worth it.




Ok, that was painless!  I tried to be brief, because I tend to be a little long-winded in this sort of situation.  

So!  Here are the rules for accepting this award, the first two of which I've completed:


1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!


Ok, FIFTEEN bloggers?  That's a lot.  In fact, I think it's too many.  Here's who I'm passing it on to:

Vanessa at {the best is yet to be}
Krista at Alla Fiorentina
Jennifer at Ramblings of an Insomniac's Mind
NBS at Brooke in the Big City
Skeptical Czarina at Containment Area for Relocated Yankees
and 
Jessica at Meet Me in Missouri


That's all the linking energy I have so...six recipients it is!  

I am going to assume that these people read my blog often, so I'm not going to worry about notifying them.  Come and get 'em, ladies!   
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...