Monday, January 31, 2011

Blizzard Anxiety

So, apparently the Apocalypse is upon us:

Click to enlarge and fear for my life.



I usually don't worry too much about winter storms, but this one's getting so much hype that I'm really beginning to freak out.  It's not the 15-18 inches of predicted snow, the potential six-foot snow drifts which threaten to hold me prisoner in my own home, or the potential boredom that comes with being stuck indoors for days at a time that scares me--what I'm really worried about is losing electricity. 

We don't have a generator for our home, and our only source of warmth is our furnace and some space heaters.  With predicted high temperatures in the single digits and lows well-below zero, I don't know how we'd keep warm, especially if it's too dangerous to leave our house and go anywhere else.  So far, we've had spectacular luck when it comes to power outages, and have never been affected by them for more than a few hours at a time.  Let's all knock on wood for my luck to keep up, shall we?

The worst part of this whole thing is that The Kid has a bad cold, which I'm pretty sure I've contracted as well.  This is going to be a loooooong week.  If the storm pans out as predicted (and I still have power and internet) I'll update with some pictures in the next few days.  I think I'm going to go cook a bunch of chicken breasts up and put them in the fridge, so we'll have something at-the-ready to eat, just in case. 

I need to stop freaking myself out.  I hope I have enough Xanax.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...