Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Top 10 Things I Learned in 2010

In no particular order...



The Top 10 Things I learned in 2010




10.  The actress who played Winnie Cooper on "The Wonder Years" is the real-life sister of the actress who played Becky Slater on "The Wonder Years".  (I don't know why, but this just blew my mind) 

Photo:  speechlessthemovie.com


9.  Men are even more literal than I previously thought.  I feel like I learn this every year, but then I forget it.


8.  After having your wisdom teeth removed, don't let your forgetful husband bring them into the pharmacy with him.  That can lead to an awkward telephone call.


7.  Blackberry smart phones can do practically everything...except get wet.  Also, you should never put your phone in your back pocket and then sit on the toilet.  I'm just sayin'.


6.  Chipmunks in Colorado carry the plague.  It is not advisable to let them crawl on your child.  Who knew?


Adorable--yet DEADLY!!!



5.  People search for weird things on the internet and, if you're not careful, they'll find your blog that way.  Writing about obscure pop stars from the early 90s will definitely get you some hits.  So will writing about A Christmas Story right around Christmas.





4.  Caulking is serious business...and best left up to professionals.  Furnaces, however, can be fixed pretty easily if you know what's wrong with them--and for much less money than those repairmen will charge you.

This day sucked.


 
3.  Facebook addiction is REAL.


2.  Drinking Red Bull and vodka may seem like a good idea at the time, but it is NOT worth it the next morning.  Especially if you have things to do and places to be.  Consequently, it's ok to stay home and watch a movie instead of going out to a bar:  it's cheaper, more relaxing, and you won't regret anything the next day.


1.  I'm actually a pretty decent writer after all.  :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...