Sunday, December 19, 2010

Inspiration, baby.

Lately, I have been full of it.

The other morning, as I was driving home in the dark at 4:30 AM with the whole car trying to sleep while I chugged sugar-free Redbull and tried to stay awake, I let myself daydream a bit.  Since I didn't want to wake up the kid (or lock my jaw again--yikes!), I sang some of my original songs quietly to myself.  It got me thinking.

I'm tired of giving myself deadlines for success and feeling like I'm too old to do things.  I've been feeling too old since my early twenties, and it's gotten me nowhere.  All it leads to is regret.  Regret for the things I never accomplished, or haven't accomplished yet.  Why do I do this to myself?  For someone who was so excited to turn thirty, you would think that I would live in the moment a little bit more, wouldn't you?

I have always listened to that little voice in the back of my head that tells me I'm not good enough or young enough or talented enough to accomplish the things I want.  Well, no more.  From now on, I will be ignoring that voice.  I plan on being very successful in some sort of creative field before I die.  Yes: before I die.  This is the only acceptable deadline.   Nothing is impossible anymore.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...