Thursday, December 9, 2010

I left [the contents of my stomach] in San Francisco.

Hey guys!  I would first like to say thank you for all of your nice comments on my jaw blog.  So far, I've been sticking to the soft food diet (as difficult as that is on vacation) and I haven't had any more trouble. 

Also, I wanted to apologize to everyone because I'm really behind on my blog reading.  It's driving me nuts, but I can't keep up at all right now, as little as I'm online out here.  I will get to them as soon as I can, I promise!  I love all your blogs.  :)

So, yesterday the hubby and I left the kid with my mother in-law and fled to San Francisco.  We've always been giant fans of the city, and we make an effort to visit every time we are in Northern California.  It's the one city that we would choose to live in if we had unlimited funds, and we often fantasize about what that would be like (hint:  it's AWESOME). 

Yesterday was not an ideal day to go to the city, because it rained the ENTIRE day, but we still made the best of the hand we were dealt.  We met up with some friends and went to dinner at Mona Lisa in North Beach for some delicious pasta.  After we were ridiculously full on carbs, we headed out to the bars and drank way more than was prudent.





Today, even though I was severely hung over and only got about three hours sleep, we took full advantage of the 63 degree weather and started by trying to walk off the alcohol.  It wasn't working as well as I'd hoped, so I stopped in at Walgreen's for some of the pink stuff.  I literally used my last five dollars when, on the way out, a man asked me for some spare change:


Homeless Man:  Can you spare some change?


Me:  I'm so sorry, but I literally just used the last of my money on this Pepto Bismol...do you need any?  You can have some if you want.


Homeless Man:  Oh.  Well, ok, sure!


Me:  (opening the bottle)


Homeless Man:  Well, actually, never mind.  I'm fine. 


Me:  Are you sure?


Homeless Man:  Yeah, maybe next time.

This conversation struck me as incredibly funny.  In my dizzy, nauseous state, I just figured that if he felt the same way I felt, he would appreciate some medical relief.  Looking back, I guess it was kind of weird for me to offer a homeless guy a swig of Pepto Bismol. 


As we walked on, I began to feel better, and so we hopped in the car and drove up to Twin Peaks for some spectacular views:



We are definitely framing some of these!  I only wish the kid were in them, they would make great Holiday greeting cards. 

Our short trip ended with some spectacular Chinese food, then we headed back to Sacramento.  What a great time we had!  I was especially happy that we got to spend time with our friends who we see so very rarely.  Even in my sickly-state, this was one of the best San Francisco trips I can remember ever taking.

Tomorrow:  Santa Cruz, and then Monterey!  Yeeeehaaaaw!


p.s.  I am never drinking (more than one drink in a night) ever again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...