Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm Sicky McSickerson.

Being sick sucks.

Although I narrowly avoided the stomach flu two days ago, yesterday I woke up with a cold that I caught from the kid.  He's been better for a couple of days, but I am now miserable.  My nose is so sore that even the softest of Puffs hurt.  My throat is dying for some sorbet.  Maybe I'll take the kid out later and get some, but I hate the looks you get from other people when you go out into the world with a cold.  The daggers they shoot from their healthy, sparkling eyes say, How dare you exist!  I don't care if you need to buy more tissues--go home, you carrier monkey!.  I get it.  I mean, how do you think we got sick?

I don't understand cold medicine, either.  It seems that there is only medicine to stop a STUFFY nose during the day and a RUNNY nose at night.  But if you have a runny nose during the DAY, you are stuck with it.  Unless you have the luxury of sleeping all day.  Which would be lovely.


My face hurts.  :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...