Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 2

So, it's been over 30 hours now since I last logged into and checked Facebook, and you know what?  I think I like it!

Admittedly, it has been difficult.  I have to make a conscious effort to not check it.  Moving the bookmark has helped immensely, because I'm sure that I would have clicked on it mindlessly if it had been up in it's normal place, between Yahoo and Jezebel. 

This morning, I Googled "Is there a rehab for facebook addicts?", and this is what I found:

Look closely.  Click if you must.

Do you see what I see?  The top four results are all groups claiming to be rehab groups for Facebook, and they are all ON FACEBOOK.  What the heck???  How are you supposed to cure a Facebook addiction by using Facebook?  That's like telling an alcoholic to have a few beers to forget about his problem.  Not exactly what I was looking for.

Anyway, I have been enjoying my Facebook vacation.  I feel like I have so much free time!  I started working on family Christmas presents last night, played Wii with the kid today, and even managed to get some laundry done after going over to my cousin's house for a nice visit.  You see that?  Day TWO, and I'm already up to face-to-face contact with other people!  Woohoo!

Here is a list of some of the other things I'm planning to do with my new found free time:

-  Write a novel commemorating NaNoWriMo
-  Finish scanning in all of my old photos from PDCE (pre-digital camera era).
-  Make photo albums on Blurb or Shutterfly, one for each year starting with when the kid was born and one for before he was born.
-  Teach the kid to write his name.


This is a very short list.  Sorry, I'm tired.  I took a Sudafed earlier.  I know there must be more.    Hm.  The point is, I'm feeling good, and very optimistic about my Facebook-free (or -limited) lifestyle.  So far, so good! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...