Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Things I Think Are Super-Wonderful Right Now

Since I'm having issues creating a coherent blog post at this time, today's post is a list.  So, without further ado, I bring you:




Things I Think Are Super-Wonderful Right Now




Moroccan Oil.  It's making my very fuzzy hair super-shiny and manageable!  I used to use Biosilk, but this is way better.  You barely have to use a drop and--bam!--magical silky Victoria's Secret model hair.  You can get it at salons, and supposedly on Amazon as well, but one of the reviewers on Amazon said that the bottle she got from them was counterfeit and didn't work at all, so buyer beware!









2.   Quick Praline Bars.  Oh man.  Hula Buns gave me some of these one day and I was hooked.  She shared the recipe and I made them yesterday, and so far they are the only things I've eaten today--and it's 4:30 in the afternoon.  I can't stop!  If she says it's ok, I will pass the recipe on to you all in the comments, because they are not only super-delicious, but also super-duper easy to make.










3.   Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates.  I've read this book before, and I just picked it up again--it's just superb.  I was a huge fan of the movie, and read the book after I'd already seen it, and I think it has to be one of the best film adaptations of a book I've ever seen.  Reading this really makes you feel like you know what it was like to live in 1950s New England.  Love it.








4.  Candles that smell like autumn.  Pumpkin spice?  Why yes, please!  I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  fall is the best season.










5.   Oxiclean.  That Billy Mays may have been a coke head, but he sure did know his household cleaners!  This stuff is amazing.  Got a weird blood stain on the sleeve of a new shirt that you haven't worn yet and you're not sure where it came from, but are pretty sure that it's not yours but you really like the top and don't want to throw it away and can't bring it back because you took the tags off already?  Oxiclean saves the day!  Not that that's happened to me or anything.







6.  Toasted everything bagels with melted brie.  Oh yeah, baby.  I don't know if the guy who invented the everything bagel ever met up with the guy who invented brie--it's probably unlikely--but, if they did, I'll bet they would have been buddies.  Their products are DELICIOUS together!  Seriously, try it.  I challenge you not to love it!










7.  Makeup from Sephora.  Again,with the great concepts:  a store where you can buy all kinds of makeup counter makeup, only without the annoying makeup counter ladies?  Genius!  Sephora is definitely one of my top five favorite stores of all time.  The only bad thing about it is that I always spend a ton of money and everything always fits in a teeny tiny little shopping bag.  Oh well.  It's worth it.  These products I'm showing are three of my favorites:  TheBalm TimeBalm concealer, Laura Mercier Mineral Powder foundation, and LORAC Eyeshadow in Serenity.  Without these three products, I would be at least five times less attractive than I am now.



8.  This beautiful alpaca-blend scarf.  I had this on my Amazon Wishlist for my birthday, and one of my wonderful friends actually purchased it for me!  I love it so much.  It was hand made by a small business called Patricia Avenue, and after I wrote a glowing review on Amazon, they sent me the nicest hand-written thank you card telling me how much they appreciate it.  This was made with LOVE, people!  If you want to purchase any of their handmade products, go to www.PatriciaAvenue.com





9.  The leaves changing and falling to the ground.  Who doesn't love fall leaves?  They're freakin' beautiful!













10.  Drinking tea.  I've mentioned this before, but I'm a tea-a-holic.  I just am.  I can't get enough tea.  My tea cabinet is currently overflowing, but still I can't help but think that I'm missing one or two varieties.  Do you like my teacup?  I made it a long time ago at Color Me Mine when we lived in Los Angeles--it's covered in ladybugs.  It only has one little chip in it, and I'm going to be sorely disappointed if it ever breaks, but at least that will give me a reason to go and make another one.  Because, really, drinking tea out of a coffee mug gets the job done, but it's just not quite as nice.




11.  The lovely breeze coming through my window.  Ahhh, fall.  I just can't get enough of it. 













That sort of turned into a "things I love about autumn" list at the end, but oh well.  At least I've blogged, and that's what's important.  Off to make some eggplant parmesan for dinner!



*This probably goes without saying since I'm neither wildly popular or successful in the blog world, but none of these products are paid endorsements.  I just really like them.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...