Thursday, September 23, 2010

Argument Anxiety.

Let's see if I can actually finish a post.

I am really shaky right now because of a discussion I've been having on Facebook since last night.  I won't say what the argument is about, because I don't want to start another one here, but suffice it to say it was about religion AND politics.  I know, I know, I should know better.  In fact, the majority of the time when somebody doesn't agree with me, I either ignore it or (in extreme cases) block them altogether, but I just couldn't stop myself.

Now I am literally making myself sick.  My heart is pounding out of my chest, my hands are shaking, my stomach hurts.  Why do I handle confrontation so poorly?  Why can't I speak my mind without going all nuts?  I think I definitely have an anxiety disorder which requires medical attention.  This can't be normal.  Every time that little red notification balloon pops up on my Facebook now, I start sweating and dread looking at it, in case it's the person who I was arguing with.  I can't take it!

This is, literally, me RIGHT THIS SECOND.

Despite the temporary insanity, I am an excellent arguer, if I do say so myself.  ESPECIALLY in print.  If this were to happen in real life, I'd turn all red and start crying, unable to get my words out.  Online, however, I am unstoppable.  I am incredibly eloquent and succinct, citing sources to back up my claims and hitting every bullet point.  I would be an excellent online lawyer.  You know, if it weren't for the debilitating anxiety. 

I'm going to play trains with the kid now, and hopefully decompress a bit.  Wish me luck!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...