Sunday, August 15, 2010

Who loves babies? Not my kid!

I've had an excited feeling in the pit of my stomach for the last couple of days.  I'm not sure if it's actually excitement, or if it's nerves or a psychic feeling that something is going to go wrong.  Since I pride myself on my optimism, I'm going to say that I'm excited/happy/in love. 

Really, the last several days have been some of the best in my marriage to the hubby.  We had it out one night over a few things (you know how issues can sort of build up) and since then we've been blissfully happy, like newlyweds again.  That's all I'll say since I know how annoying it is to listen to someone gloat about their relationship.  :)

My best friend of 25 years, Marlene, just gave birth to her second son, and so on Friday I packed up the kid and drove two hours one-way to visit her in the hospital.  What an adorable baby she had! 





Although we only stayed for about an hour before heading back home, it was completely worth it.  Holding a one-day old baby is so sweet!  The kid didn't enjoy it as much as I did, though he did admit that the newborn was a cute li'l bugger. 

After we left the hospital, I brought him to McDonald's to eat chicken nuggets and expend some energy before strapping him into a seat for two more hours, and we had a talk about the baby thing.  Though I'm pretty intent on him being an only-child, I thought it might be a good idea to find out how he feels about the whole issue.


Me:  So, what did you think about the baby?


The Kid:  He was coot!


Me:  Do you think you'd want a baby to live in our house?


The Kid:  No way!


Me:  Why not?


The Kid:  Because, if a baby live in our house, that will make me saaad.  I don't want a baby to live at my house.  That will make me sad.


Me:  Ok, don't you worry about it.  I won't have another baby.


So, I'm glad that's settled!  


Well, I'm off!  Company tonight for a bbq, Baseball game in a suite on Tuesday night, then my birthday on Wednesday.  The best part is that the heat has finally let up, so it should only be in the mid-80s most of the week--WOOHOO!  Autumn, here we come!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...