Tuesday, July 6, 2010

So, I'm super-awesome.

(You know, in case you forgot)

I was perusing my blog roll this morning and I caught a glimpse of



on someone's blog.  For those of you who don't know, I created this award one day after some frustration with all the existing blog awards for having the same rules of acceptance.  Why not do something about it, and make up my own, super-awesome, award?  I whipped up a .jpg, thought up some creative rules, and set the li'l guy off on his own into the big blog world. 

So, when I saw the badge on a blog today (a blog I did not originally award myself), it got me to thinking:  how far did my little guy get?  Was he still being circulated?  The answer is a resounding YES!  A quick Google search of "Oh my blog award" yields about 43,600 results.  I started clicking on the links, just to make sure the result was no mistake, and there was my precious green creation, proudly posted on each and every page, with some very funny acceptance posts!

How exciting is that?  My award went viral!  Yay!  I feel like a proud mother.  Just wanted to share my awesomeness with all of you, since it's not like I get anything out of it other than the satisfaction of a job well-done.  In the thankless world of blogging, it's nice to have your creativity validated, even in a small way.  I feel infinitely cooler as I start my day off knowing I've made my own little mark on the blog world.  :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...