Saturday, July 3, 2010

"I've arranged for some pretty spectacular fireworks!"

So, turns out that I have to get my gall bladder removed.  At least, I'm pretty sure that's what the surgeon is going to say when I go in for my surgical consult in a couple of weeks.  Bah humbug, surgery!  Oh well...at least it's nothing more serious, and I'll get a much-needed break in between all the hustle and bustle of my crazy summer schedule, even if I do have to get cut open to take it.

In the meantime, who's excited for Fourth of July?  I am!  We are having a BBQ with 20+ people coming over tomorrow to our tiny house.  I know what you're thinking--how will all those people fit in my home?  Well, they definitely won't.  And unfortunately, it's supposed to rain.  That is very bad news for those of us planning outdoor parties with BBQs and fireworks galore.  Luckily, the hubby works at a venue where he is able to borrow big pop-up tents so we may be able to enjoy the rain from under the shelter of those.  I'm still not sure where all the kids will play, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. 

The good thing about living in a county where all fireworks are legal is that we can have a big party and our friends from other counties can enjoy their freedom to light things on fire in our giant yard.  The bad thing about it, is that our freakin' neighbors have been lighting off fireworks every single night for the past week.  At like 11:00 pm.  When we're trying to sleep.  And they're not just regular fireworks--these things are like M-80s or bigger...one of them shook our whole house.  It's sort of ridiculous.  This is the first year we've taken the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" stance and had a party of our own, but in the past we've basically cowered in our home or left town over the Fourth of July holiday.  I am not exaggerating when I tell you that our neighborhood is like a warzone on Independence Day--walking outside, you'd think you were in Iraq.  I took a video of it one year, but it's still in my video camera (along with the hospital video of the kid) because I'm too lazy to take them off and convert them to something I can actually upload to Youtube.  I'll try to take a video this year and post it so you guys can see.


Oh, before I forget, I was awarded the:


Award by sEy over at 14th Street.  Thanks, sEy!  I think I was her first or second follower, but today she's up to 90, leading me to conclude that she is more than three times cooler than I am, with only 28 of you reading my blog (not that I'm complaining--I love each and every one of you). 

This blog award is very easy to accept--all I have to do is write out my blog philosophy, which is: Write as often as I can about whatever comes to mind without pissing too many people off.  It would appear that most people are using quotes to define their blog philosophy, so here's one I've coined:  "I'm really smart.  People always forget because I'm so pretty."  Kind of sums up my writing, no?  ;)

I've seen no clear-cut rules on how many people to pass this award on to, so here is a short list:

Hula Buns

Brooke in the Big City

Holy Juan

They all have very substance-filled blogs, I would say, so those three should fit the bill!

Righty-oh...off to either clean or nap while I have a couple of hours to myself.  Decisions, decisions.  Have a great holiday weekend everyone!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...