Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Strange is the new awesome + choose my hair please!

Hi, everyone!  *waves*

I'm finally back and rarin' to blog!  After a weekend relaxing at my mom's house in the country, my family is in a much better place and things are finally looking up.  I really appreciate all the encouraging comments, and I would like to add that I kept up with all of your blogs too, even if I didn't always leave a comment.

Today, I was reflecting on how strange I am.  Back when I was younger I was always considered quirky, if I was rich, people would call me eccentric, but I think now that I'm older and poor, people would just say that I'm weird.

WTF???  Nick just played a commercial for a "mud pie kitchen set" for $69.99.  Since when does it cost 70 bucks to make mud pies?  This reminds me...my mom recently informed me that when she was a kid, they would sprinkle sugar on their mud pies and eat them.  Yes, REAL mud pies.  She and her brother ate dirt.

Where was I?  Oh yeah, I'm weird.   I was always kind of proud of my quirkiness, feeling as if it somehow made me cuter or more likable, like Natalie Portman's character in Garden State.  Lately, I've been a little worried that, with age, my strangeness has diminished and been replaced by grump.  Less often do I break out in song and dance or flail my arms; more often I complain about things that haven't been done around the house or the fact that we are out of money. Shameful, I know.  I will now be making a more concerted effort to add a little bit of whimsy to every day.


To go along with my new pledge to be weirder (read: awesome-er), I think a new haircolor is in order.  One of the strangest things about me is that I cannot keep a hair style to save my life.  The grass is always greener on the other side of the ammonia bottle.  I am in the process of growing it longer, but I am itching to change the color.  How about a poll to help me decide?

Here is my current color:


It's basically warm-ish light brown

Here are my options...please keep mind that I was younger in all of these photos, so think of what color would look best on me with more wrinkles:


1.  Medium auburn
 





2.  Medium warm brown
 



3.  Dark cool brown


















4.  Dark warm brown













5.  Highlighted to blonde









I could also go red, which I have before, but I can't find any photos of it!  If I find one, I'll post it. 

I think I'm leaning towards dark warm brown after looking at these photos.  My original intention was to go blonde this summer, but it's too hard to keep up with the highlighting!  The easiest thing to do would be to buy a box color and slap it on there once a month, so that's probably what I'll end up doing. 

Please leave your favorite color for me in the comments--I'm so indecisive, I'd really appreciate the input.  Thanks everyone!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...