Thursday, May 27, 2010

Same ol' same ol' yada yada yada

I've gotta stop watching the same movies over and over.  I think I have a problem.

Here is my list of movies I've been watching a lot over the last year:

Revolutionary Road (on right now)
Little Children
Something's Gotta Give
Sideways
Twister
Marley and Me

I know there are others, but this is all I can think of right now, in my current martini-clouded mind.  I've been known to live vicariously through movies, so that mental condition (as I like to consider it) is partly to blame for my obsession, but I'm sure it can't be healthy.  I also watch a healthy dose of Toy Story 1 & 2, due to the kid's obsession with those films.  Hopefully, he's not doing the same thing I'm doing and thinking his toys come to life every time he leaves the room, but is honestly wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.  I just switched the television to The Hangover, just to mix it up a bit.  Now I want to go to Vegas.  What the hell is wrong with me????

I think, partly, my problem is that I REALLY REALLY want to go on vacation.  I want to get on a plane and get off somewhere with turquoise ocean water and all-inclusive food and drinks.  I want to take naps on the beach and drink in the middle of the day.  Oh, to have unlimited funds. 

OMG, this movie is so wrong.  They just left a baby in the car in VEGAS.  That is not ok.  I know this movie is outrageous and funny and yada yada yada, but that part really bothers me.

What was I talking about?  Oh yeah, vacation.  Consequently, we are actually going on vacation next week, to Denver, to stay with my father in-law for a week.  That sounds kind of miserable when I say it, but I'm actually looking forward to the trip.  The father in-law lives with his sister and her husband in a big, giant house they call "The Compound".  It's actually two houses stuck together, right on the edge of the suburbs, so the back yard has a beautiful, unobstructed view of the mountains--and a hot tub.  Every time we visit, we go up into the mountains, to at least one live music show at a bar, and to many, MANY local restaurants.  This is due to the fact that nobody in that giant home likes to cook....or, maybe they like to go out to eat more than they like to cook.  I don't really know.  Either way, we eat out EVERY SINGLE MEAL when we're there, which is both a blessing and a curse.  I mean, who doesn't like to eat out?  But, by the time we get home, I'm ready to eat every meal at home for a week, and that's a lot for me.  I'm thinking I'll try to take a picture of every one of my restaurant meals while I'm on vacation, and I'll post them in my blog.  Then you all can see what a million calories looks like.  Good idea, no?

If I remember to do that, I totally will.  Well, I will if any one of you 24 readers expresses a modicum of interest in the idea. If you don't, then I guess I won't do it.  I used to blog for me, now I do it for you guys.  I guess that's what happens when you get followers, eh?

Clearly, I have had a bit too much vodka.  And olives.  And I need to call it a night.  I'm going to be puffy tomorrow, damn it.  Which is ironic, since the reason I felt the need to drink is that I went swimsuit shopping tonight and felt fat.  Circle of life.  Or of shame.  Whatever.  Anyway...bye!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...