Monday, May 24, 2010

Fancy time!

Guess what I did this weekend?  I got all fancy and went to a ball!  Well, not really a ball--a gala, but still...it was like prom for grown ups!  I always say that there aren't enough opportunities for adults to put on formal wear.  So when the hubby got a call Thursday night saying we could go to the Starlight Amphitheater's annual fundraiser on Saturday night (and bring some friends with us) I jumped at the chance.

Lucky for us, our good friends Todd and Mia* were able to make the trek down from Omaha especially for the occasion, which made the event (which was mostly attended by an older crowd) much more fun.  We hadn't gotten to see the two of them since their wedding last December, and so it was really nice to hang out with them two on two, in a more relaxed setting.

Since the whole event came up at such short notice, I had to go shopping for a dress the day before, but I lucked out and found this beauty at BCBG Final Cut for only $50!  What a steal, right?  I paired it with some old shoes and antique earrings I had in my closet, did my own hair and makeup, and we were out the door with time to spare!

Rather than narrate each photo, I just thought I'd throw them all at the bottom of the page.  A few things to note:

1.  Is Mia not the most gorgeous woman ever?  When I told her how beautiful her hair looked, she informed me that she did it the day before.  That cracked me up.

2.  The hubby actually owns that tux.  We bought it back in 2000 when we lived in L.A. and got a job as seat-fillers for an awards show.  It's really come in handy!

3.  The free drinks were a blessing and a curse, as free drinks often are.  Yesterday was a little rough.

4.  The full-length photo of me doing my Vanna White pose is a great illustration of how long and monkey-like my arms are.  I'm something of a freak, it would appear.

Enjoy! 








































 *not her real name
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...