Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Coherent thought eludes me.

I'm sitting here, watching About Last Night on cable, thinking that I should definitely blog about something, but I can't seem to form a coherent thought.  I think I may have had too much tea.  Abundant caffeine may ward off a migraine, but it sure scatters my brain. 

Speaking of tea, I may have mentioned this before, but the Asian market is by far the best place to buy tea.  I got this 15 oz. tin of loose-leaf green jasmine yesterday for $5.99. 


$5.99, people!!! 

In case you didn't know, that's a really great price.  Also, it's delicious.  I'm just sayin':  Asian market = where it's at for tea.

I love 80's movies.  The hair.  The clothes.  The soundtracks.  I REALLY love the soundtracks.  I have a strange affinity for 80's movie music--even the throwaway tracks that were written solely for the films and never made it to the radio.  Anyone remember this little gem?



Speaking of movies, why do studios keep changing the names of films right before they get released?  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!  I noticed it a few months ago with How to Train Your Dragon, and the whole debacle really confused me.  I'd seen it advertised as How to Train Your Dragon for weeks, then all of a sudden we were watching TV one night and an ad for the film came on, and when the title came up, it still read "How to Train Your Dragon", but the voiceover guy said, "Dreamworks' Dragons".  What the???  Weird, right?

And NOW, we have the whole Shrek 4 debacle.  I refuse to call it by a title, because I started out calling it Shrek Forever After (as it was originally marketed), but apparently that's not the name now.  I guess Dreamworks decided that name wasn't good enough, so they changed it to Shrek:  The Final Chapter.  To prove I am not insane, here are the two movie posters:


Come to think of it, I guess it's just Dreamworks doing this name-changing junk.  If you ask me, they need to fire their entire marketing department because they are just confusing people.  Also, they annoy me.  A lot.  If you couldn't tell.

Oh, before I forget, thank you everyone so much for all the kind comments on my last blog, about Daisy.  That was really hard on our whole family, and we're still sad, but it's getting easier every day.  We had a little funeral yesterday and buried her ashes under a daisy plant. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to re-watch this last episode of The Real Housewives of New York City.  I'm enjoying feeling intellectually and emotionally superior to women who are so much wealthier than I am.  If I can't have a yacht, at least I can possess the common courtesy that many of these Housewives lack.  What is wrong with these women???
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...