Monday, April 26, 2010

Singin' after supper.

Today was about the most boring day I could have possibly had, but that's ok because last night was a lot of fun!

We had my friend Jamie and her family over for dinner, drinks and homespun karaoke.  I made my delicious simple roast chicken, mashed Yukon gold potatoes with gravy from the drippings, sweet corn, and homemade biscuits.  Man, I'm good.

Usually, we avoid having company over to our house for several reasons:  it's teeny-tiny and old, we have only four dining room chairs with our table, and we have two dogs, neither of whom are well-mannered enough to leave the visitors alone.  Also, I feel like everyone I know has a big, new house in a new neighborhood and so I feel a little insecure about where I live.  I know that's silly, but I can't help it.

Anyway, it was a great night.  Again, I am realizing that Jamie is one of my favorite people on the planet.  Case in point:  she loves karaoke and sings really, really well.  We took some videos of us doing duet karaoke in my living room, and I was super-di-duper excited to post one of us singing "Oops I Did it Again", but it turns out that I don't have it on my computer.  I don't think I can link it from facebook, or I totally would, because we do a mean Britney impression!  Instead, you will all have to make due with my impression of the Cranberries, singing "Zombie":



Singing into a mic in my living room looks a lot more pathetic than it felt at the time...

Inspired by Jerry, I made a new page on my blog today!  Check it out at the top, up there ^ where it says "Greatest Hits!"  In case any of you are bored and haven't read all the way back, you will find some of my favorite posts linked on that page.  It was kind of fun to go back through what I've written in the past eight months and see how this blog has evolved. 

Later gators!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...