Friday, April 2, 2010

It may be Spring, but I am not very bouncy.

Today was long, I am again very tired. Had I blogged earlier today when the kid took his (now rarely taken) nap, I would have surely written something brilliant and exciting. I chose, instead, to make a skirt out of a dress I bought on clearance that didn't fit. Since I sewed the whole thing by hand, using trial and error, the whole project took three hours and I finished just as the kid woke up. On the bright side, at least now I have something to wear for Easter!

Speaking of Easter, we will be leaving tomorrow to visit family for the holiday. Hooray! My stepmom has organized an epic Easter Egg Hunt to be held in their gigantic yard. There will be copious amounts of candy and prizes involved, so I'm preparing myself by bringing my camera and some Xanax. Wish me luck!

I switched out my Spring clothes for my Winter ones the other day and discovered some gems I forgot I'd owned. Don't you just love that? It's like shopping, but free! Unfortunately, it's still too cold to wear most of what I dug out, but at least I don't feel so desperate to shop now. Every time the seasons change, I feel like I need to go buy new clothes. When I write it down, it doesn't seem irrational at all, since that's probably what most people do when the seasons change. Unfortunately, I don't really have the discretionary income to update my wardrobe every 3 months, so I will not be buying much more than a few $5 Old Navy tank tops. Oh well.

I apologize if this is the most boring blog post ever, but I am so tired right now that I can barely see the screen, so I have to wrap it up before I literally fall asleep on the keyboard and end up with another saved draft of crap. I will leave you with a funny photo I took of my television--it's what Dish Network had as the description for American Idol last Tuesday night. It made me giggle. Goodnight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...