Friday, April 9, 2010

I'm back...and I'm dull!

Boooooring week, guys! Sorry I haven't been posting, but I didn't think anyone would really be interested in hearing how I was cleaning my house and grocery shopping. Come to think of it, I've actually blogged about that stuff before--but this time I didn't find anything interesting under the couch or have any complaints about my shopping experience. I think I just need to get back into a groove with the blogging--seems like the more I make myself write, the more I can think to write about.

The rest of my Easter weekend was fantastic. We went to my Grandma's house on Sunday and I wore my half-homemade skirt. Here I am in it, for those of you who were curious:

I am the Vanna White of skirt-showing!

The kid had a great time, but he was working on a sleep deficit, so he definitely could have been much more pleasant than he was. Here he was Easter morning, sitting on the hubby:


Oh well--what'reyagonnado?

We didn't come home until Tuesday morning, since we had lots of people to see and things to do, and I've been working on getting the kid back to normal since then. I'm really getting scared that he's done taking naps altogether, because it seems like he only will take one about every three or four days now. NOT COOL! That's one of the biggest reasons I haven't been blogging--those naps are my me-time. If he doesn't nap, my sanity goes right out the window!

I really miss the days where he would nap twice a day, giving me plenty of time to exercise, clean, blog, and take a nap of my own. Ah, those were the days. I guess it's a trade-off: I don't have to change diapers anymore, but no me-time. Personally, I don't think that's really fair, but I'll take what I can get, since I have no other option really. I'm pretty much dead-set against enrolling him in Preschool yet, so I guess I've made my bed.

Let's see...what else? Oh! The kid is staying with my sister tonight so the hubby and I can go on a date. Yay! We are planning on dinner and a movie--nothing fancy--but I'm really looking forward to it. I think we're going to go see Date Night with Tina Fey and Steve Carell. It's playing at the right time and looks funny. Could you cast a more likeable couple than those two? I doubt it. Also, I know this sounds kind of dumb, but seeing as how I love to live vicariously through movies, I like the idea of going ON date night to SEE Date Night. You don't have to point out how lame I am. I am intensely aware of this fact.

I'm sorry I'm so boring this week. I've been trying to think of ways to be more entertaining, and I think I may have come up with a good idea: I will turn my webcam on when I begin writing and keep it on until I finish the blog, then post the video along with what I've written. The point of this would be to show how difficult it is to write with a 2.5-year old awake in my presence. It would have to be a pretty short post, I guess, because who wants to see me type for 30 minutes? Eh, maybe this wouldn't work out after all. I guess it's worth a shot it's worth a shot--I could always just delete the video if it's dumb.

I'm going to go get the kid's stuff ready so that when he wakes up from his nap (YES! He took one today!) we can leave for my sister's house. Thank you, my dear readers, for not abandoning me during my time of dullness. You are the best! Mwah!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...