Friday, March 19, 2010

To pull, or not to pull? That is the question...

I can't figure out whether I should get my wisdom teeth out today or not.

I've had the appointment for a month or so now, but in the last couple days I've acquired a sore throat that's been getting progressively worse. It's making me gag now, and I kind of think I may have a fever, but eh, who knows, maybe I'm just imagining that part.

It may not seem like a big deal to reschedule, but the hubby's work schedule rarely permits him to have a weekday off with another day off after that to take care of me, so I may be putting it off for longer than I'd like. Also, and I know this sounds REALLY dumb to those of you who don't have kids, I'm excited to have some time to myself when I don't have to look after the kid. It's kind of silly that I need surgery to get a vacation, but I guess that's what you sign up for when you become a mom.

Complicating matters further is the fact that I don't want to go to my GP to get my throat looked at. The last time I was there was when I was going through the testing to be a kidney donor and I ended up getting in a shouting match (and nearly a physical fight) with the phlebotomist. She was really mean and rude and by the time I left the office, the entire staff had heard our argument. EMBARRASSING! Plus, if I have to get any blood work done, there is NO WAY I am letting that lady near me with a needle. So, I'm thinking that maybe the antibiotics they give me for my teeth will fix my throat too. I know it's a long-shot.

Maybe I'll just go and see if they think I'm well enough to go through with it. There's a plan. If you don't hear from me right away, they took them out. Wish me luck!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...