Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Groggy bloggin'

I am so tired.

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. I just haven't felt up to it. I have a tendency to find something I like, go overboard with it, get bored and take a break, then come back at a more healthy pace--pretty sure that's what's going on there. I think I may still be in the break phase, though, because I cannot think of anything interesting to blog about for the life of me!

The weather has been really beautiful here, so I've been spending a lot of time outdoors with the kid. We met my friend Jamie at the park today and we both got sunburned. Usually I'm a big sunscreen advocate, but since it's been probably six months since I needed any, I couldn't find a bottle before I left the house. I should have looked harder. One of my arms is very crispy. Hellooooooo, aloe! Luckily, the kid is 1/4 filipino and had on longer sleeves than I did, so he didn't burn at all.

I met a guy at the park today who I'm not sure what to think about. He is around my age and had a daughter about the same age as my kid, and he kind of latched on to me. We ended up sitting by the duck pond talking while our children threw acorns into the water for about 45 minutes or so, and the whole thing made me uncomfortable--it felt like a first date or something. I would never have even gone down there with him, but when my kid said he wanted to see the geese, this guy overheard and told him that he could share their bread to feed the birds. He kept trying to figure out when he'd see us again.

Does the back of his head give you any indication whether or not this guy is a perv? I just can't tell.

Maybe this guy was actually just looking for a playdate. Am I paranoid? Should I just have given him my phone number so that we could get our kids together. It must be really hard for dads to make playdates for their kids...I got the definite impression that this guy was divorced. Another reason he made me uncomfortable. Eh, I don't know.

I'm tired. I have to go to bed. I really just wanted to write something so that I didn't have such a big hole in my blog. Gotta keep up. Goodnight everyone!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...