Sunday, March 21, 2010

Does this lack of wisdom teeth make me look dumber?

So, as you may have surmised by my lack of blogging, I went ahead and got my wisdom teeth out on Friday. Not sure what they sedated me with for the surgery (twilight, maybe?), but I can actually remember parts of the procedure. I didn't feel any pain, but I have definite memories of the tools going in and a tooth coming out. NOT pleasant!

Coming to was a long drawn-out process, and I was in and out of consciousness until the evening. The hubby did a great job at taking care of me! He got my medications and made sure I took them on time, prepared soft meals for me, and even fetched me a giant cherry slushy from Sonic. What a nice man I have! :)

On Saturday, the hubby was out buying me mashed potatoes and ice cream (good for teeth--not so much for hips, I'm finding), and I got a funny call from a pharmacy worker:

CVS GUY: Can I speak with TB?

Me:
That's me.


CVS Guy: Um, were you in here recently?

Me: Well, actually, I wasn't, but I had my wisdom teeth out yesterday and my husband went in and got my medications for me...

CVS Guy: Yeah...I have your teeth in a bag.

Me: Oh...well...that's embarrassing! I was looking for those. I'll have my husband come by and get them. Thanks!

CLICK


Yeah, I wouldn't want to find a stranger's teeth either. Mine even gross me out.


Luckily, the hubby was near the pharmacy when I called him and was able to swing right by to pick up my bag o' teeth. My post-op instructions (with my name and address on them) were in there too! Up until that point, I was just wingin' it with whatever instructions the hubby remembered, which he did uncharacteristically well.

All-in-all, this experience has not been so bad. I'm taking penicillin every 6 hours, which is a big pain in the butt, but it actually got rid of my sore throat, so SCORE! I thought I'd feel like getting out today, but as I was about to leave the house my mouth started to throb with nauseating pain, so I just sent out the hubby and the kid instead. At least I get a little quiet time...and more mashed potatoes when they get home. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...