Thursday, March 25, 2010

Careful! These things are contagious!

Most of you have probably noticed that there is something going around on the blogs. It won't make you sick, but will probably make you blush. Yes, I'm talking about blog awards. Not long ago, I was awarded a Sugar Doll Award, and now one very sweet Lucky Punk has bestowed upon me the...drum roll please...


Aw, shucks. How sweet!

The rules of this award are thus:

1. Thank the person who gave you this award.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Pass the award along to 5 bloggers you recently discovered and you think are fantastic!

4. Contact the bloggers you picked and let them know about the award.


Thanks, Lucky!


Now, I don't mean any offense to Lucky or the people who made this or any award, but...why do they always have some version of the same rules? I know that the "things about yourself" lists are pretty fun, but there are only so many things about me that are interesting, and if I keep on listing them, surely one day I will run out (since I plan on getting lots and lots and lots of awards). Also, I tend to over-explain myself. Probably the biggest thing that is standing in the way of me becoming a super-famous blogger is that my posts tend to go on too long for people to stay interested.


My solution to this dilemma is to point you here, to my last award, where I actually listed ten things about me. So you get a bonus THREE things. I know, I know--I'm too generous.


Also, I have decided to create my own award to give out in return. Partly I have done this because I don't follow enough blogs to know five people who haven't gotten that award, but also I would like to see some new rules. Therefore, I present to you, my dear readers....drum roll again, please...




The rules of this award are thus:

1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER.



2. Choose ONE of the following options for accepting the OMB! award:

(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.

(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.

(c) Write a "Soundtrack of your childhood" blog. (click here for an example)

(d) Make your next blog a "vlog", or video blog. Basically, you talking to the camera about whatever.

(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (makeup, brush hair, pee, etc.) and post it.



3. Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers like yourself. Don't forget to tell them (duh).




And it's THAT easy!


So, my first order of business in creating this award is to vlog. I will be doing this tomorrow, but if I don't feel like it, then you should expect an incredibly unflattering picture of me instead.



Now, I shall pass on my award! Here are the lucky recipients:



1. Jackie over at Kids and Bars. I probably shouldn't tell you this, but Jackie is my sister (and that's even her real name!). She just started her blog today, and although she only has one post, you should all follow her because she is super-duper funny and witty. In fact, I'm a little bit threatened by her and her blog, even though I'm the one who told her to start one.


2. Jerry at Gently Said. He just created a special blog wherein to post all his awards (a virtual award shelf, if you will), so I thought he may as well add another one to the heap. Also, he's a really great writer. And he's nice. And I'd like to see him accept this award by completing one of my tasks.


3. Erin at Motherhood Y'all. She's new to the blogger scene and I don't think she's gotten an award yet, so I am very happy to be her first. She's a hard-working mommy blogger who deserves some attention of her own, so here's to you, Erin!


4. Sweet-Britches over at...well, Sweet-Britches. I've known her for a while now, and she is awesome: beautiful, funny, an F1 fanatic, and a certified genius. Pretty much the entire package.


5. Una at The Sassy Curmudgeon. Una was the first blog I ever followed, and I just adore her. She's very busy and important, having 2442 followers as of right now, but I will still bestow an OMB! upon her, just in case she deigns to accept it. Funny, FUNNY gal, that Una.


6. Lucky Punk at Lucky Punk. Yes, she gave me the award today, and I know I'm probably not supposed to give it back, but TECHNICALLY this is a different award. Also, she's an excellent writer and only has seven followers, so you all need to go read what she's got going on over there right NOW!


7. Amanda at Now If You'll Just Turn Your Kaleidoscope....She's funny too. And I know that she'll probably do it, because she just blogged today whilst drinking tequila so she's got a head start!


8. Rainey at A Rainey Day...with a chance of sunshine. Rainey is just incredibly likeable. I want to give her a hug, for some reason. But, since I do not know where she lives, I will just send her this OMB! award instead.



Come and get 'em, everyone! Now, I know that a lot of you recipients have just recently accepted an award, but that's just too bad. You will have to suck it up and accept this one too because that is what happens when people start to love and admire you. I'm looking forward to seeing your acceptance posts!

:)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...