Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hat hair.


Trying to write while the kid is in the bathtub throwing a splash ball (why the hubby ever put that in with the bath toys, I'll NEVER know) is incredibly difficult. The great thing about having a laptop is that you can take it away from the desk, however, maybe the laptop wasn't meant to be brought into the bathroom. How much water can get on the keyboard before it stops working? I'd better continue this blog after he gets out.

So, I'm feeling incredibly unattractive today. Do you ever have one of those days where you look in the mirror and think, "Who IS this person?".
That's what I have today. My roots have grown out about two inches, leaving a streak of dark brown and silver in the middle of my highlighted hair. My eyebrows match my part better than the rest of my hair, as I've run out of eyebrow bleach. The thing is, my sister highlights my hair for me because she does it for free and I can bring the kid with me to play with her kids as we get the job done. Seems like a great setup, right? It actually is ideal, except that my sister is harder than a cloud to pin down. I don't know what it is that makes her life so difficult, but every time I call her, she sounds exhausted and before I can get more than a "how are you?" out, she's going on and on about all of the things on her to-do list that have yet to be done.

Anyway, my sister's life is beside the point: I need to be beautified! Half of my problem is that I really really hate the length of my hair right now. I'm trying to grow it out from being chin-length in the summer to my previous mid-back length.
So far, it's almost to my collarbone, not quite to my shoulders--that awkward in-between short and medium length. Also, the cut seems to have grown out into a very odd triangle shape, poofing out all around my head. NOT attractive.

Usually when I'm feeling ugly, I'll put on copious amounts of makeup and some nice clothes--or at least, nice for what I have to choose from. Today, though, I think a ponytail or a hat may be in order. Not that I've stopped trying, but no amount of makeup is going to distract onlookers from the hideousness that is my hair right now. I know that some of you may think I'm fishing for compliments with these pictures up, but the color isn't coming out true-to-life. Take how it looks on the webcam photo, then imagine it about 5X uglier, then you will understand the degree of hideousness I am dealing with here.

I guess I'd better do my stupid workout before the kid wakes up from his nap. I'm starving for a burger, but maybe the slapping sound of my arm fat flapping against my boob will encourage me to stay away from that sort of crap. Sigh.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...