Saturday, January 30, 2010

New blog idea

I woke up this morning and all I can think about is writing this new blog. I've been mulling it over for the last week or so, but the idea really came to a head last night. The hubby and I were sitting watching TV when I finally got up the nerve to tell him. "Well, I think it would be called something like....stuff men don't get about women...." Ye-ah. That went over well! "Of COURSE it is" was the response I believe I got from him.

Actually, the idea was more well-received by him than I thought it would be. Considering that the entire premise is listing the things that men do wrong in relationships, I thought he'd offer a lot more resistance. The only suggestion he really had was that the name be a bit kinder, so that it would draw people in rather than putting them off. I'm still working on the name, but I think it's going to be "stuff men should know" for the url.

I'm getting a bit apprehensive myself, to be honest, because I can't stop thinking of things to put on that damn blog! Any other time, this would be a good thing, but I'm starting to worry that it will be the demise of my marriage, virtual nagging in a public forum. I suppose it would be best if the hubby didn't read it at all, but then what would be the good of that? The whole point is to help men be better husbands and boyfriends, and if my own husband isn't taking the advice, won't that be sort of ironic? I'm thinking so.

All I know is that I've rarely been more motivated to write, so I really think it's important to get it out there while the creative juices are flowing. I'm off to start it now...link soon to come!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...